"It’s not okay that you hurt me, but I am okay. I deserve more, and I know that now. And maybe you knew that inside, that you couldn’t give me that yet. So you set me free. We would’ve been so great, you would never have wished for more than I would’ve given you. But you never gave it a chance. So now you’ll never know what could’ve been. Maybe someday you’ll regret it, maybe someday you’ll think it was the best decision you ever made, but maybe someday you’ll see me walking, smiling and happy, alongside someone who’s also smiling and happy because he has my heart. Maybe then you’ll stop and realize what you’re missing, because someday, someone is going to thank you for letting me go…"
1. everyone is a resource, steal knowledge whenever possible.
2. manipulation is not only an art form but an essential and invaluable life skill. practice helps you understand the human perspective.
3. experience as much as possible.
4. never finish your food. cleaning your plate is how your parents programmed you into over-eating, you tubby bastards.
5. question everything. never stop asking why. always question motives, cause we all have em.
6. let your guard down when you say ‘i love you’, its only fair.
7. pay attention. easy concept but then why do you get taken advantage of all the goddamn time? cause you werent paying attention.
8. hang out with people who you feel are morally superior than you. the better the people you hang with, the better you’ll become.
9. trust your friends opinions, collectively they know you better than you know yourself.
10. its not a matter or perspective: the glass IS half empty, but live like its half full.
There are people who deserve you and people who don’t. If you have someone in your life who takes you for granted or doesn’t give you the respect that you deserve, leave them in the past where they belong. Surround yourself with people who challenge your mind and bring out the best in you. As for the ones who only exist to bring you down or cheapen your potential; let them find people who are better-suited to their own qualities and principles.
Hold yourself to the highest standard possible. People who don’t measure up don’t deserve your time. People who can’t see past their own cowardice or their own arrogance don’t deserve your time. Anyone who doesn’t treat you the way you treat yourself doesn’t deserve your time. And if you are treating yourself in a way that gives people permission to take advantage of you, start showing yourself the exact same respect that you should be demanding of everyone else.