Sunday, August 30, 2009
Friday, August 28, 2009
1. "creativity is maximized when you are living in the moment."
2. "your outlook on life is a direct reflection of how much you like yourself. what we do to the earth we do to ourselves."
3. "the pursuit of happiness is the source of all unhappiness."
4. "the conscious brain can only hold 1 thought at a time. choose a positive thought."
5. "life is full of setbacks. success is determined by how you handle setbacks."
6. "that which matters most should never give way to that which matters the least."
7. "dance, sing, floss & travel."
8. "jealousy works the opposite way you want it to."
9. "never be bullied into silence. never allow yourself to be made a victim, accept no one's definition of your life. define yourself."
10. "when in doubt, laugh at you-tubes."
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Sunday, August 23, 2009
“ they say real life is stranger than fiction… but what they really mean is that real life is more interesting than fiction. i mean, i would rather see a great documentary than some sort of cgi fantasy film any day - wouldn’t you? i think that the main factor behind the recent surge in interest in personal style and photo documentation of personal style is just the sheer fascination that we all have with each other. you could call it voyeurism but that’s a bit cynical i think. it’s more a feeling of - “really? they were just walking down the street like that? you’re kidding, right?” there is an element of art to studio photography that i certainly appreciate - but it’s very difficult for a staged shoot to generate the sort of fascination that we all hold for real life.
“to most people, the saying “to use someone” carries a negative connotation, but i don’t see it that way. to “mis” or “over” or “ab” use someone is negative. to use is necessary and if you can’t be used.. then you’re useless.
“bottom line is that couples that are truly right for each other wade through the same crap as everybody else. but the big difference is they don’t let it take them down.